- How would you search for an exact word or phrase?
Enclose the word or phrase in double quotations to search for a specific string of words.
- How would you search for something on a specific site?
bohemian site: http://style-files.com
To search for specific text on a site enter your search content followed by “site: _____”
- How would you correctly search for a definition?
Enter “define:” followed by the word you would like defined.
- How would you search for a specific product available within a specific price range?
Cards Against Humanity $15..$25
Separate numbers with two periods (..) to find results within a specific range, such as price, date and measurement. Use only one number with two periods to indicate a minimum or maximum, ex., “camera ..$500”.
- How would you search for a specific filetype?
filetype:epub eat pray love
Enter “filetype:” followed by a file type to search for matching keywords within that specific file type.
- How would you include or ignore words in your search?
Use a minus sign (-) before a word to exclude it from your search.
- How would you find related pages
Use “related:” before a URL to search for websites with related content.
- How would you find a topic, searching all available synonyms of a word?
Use the “~” symbol before a word to find pages with the exact word, or words with the same meaning.
- How would you find the time in another country?
Enter “time” followed by a country or city to generate the local time for that place.
- How would you find out how many Egyptian pounds you get for $20 Canadian dollars?
20CAD in Egyptian Pounds
Enter the starting currency amount followed by “in” and then the desired currency.